Control and drive engineering are largely responsible for machine functionality and operations. In order to allow for an efficient development, these two sectors are closely cross-linked.
Electrical drive technology benefits in particular from the high degree of integration with the control program's development environment. But even in pneumatics a considerable savings potential as well as flexible and modular machine structures, due to the connection of entire valve clusters with a real-time bus system, may be achieved.
Our developers take advantage of these opportunities to optimize systems and machines both functionally and in terms of costs. We thus ensure that the optimization of all processes, as requested and commissioned by our customers, will be properly realized and implemented.
As per the specifications of and in cooperation with our customers we initially, and as a basic structure, develop the individual system architecture to master the respective automation task. Subsequently, the programs for the various system/plant components will be created:
- control systems (standard or PC-based PLC controls, ideally with remote maintenance solutions)
- HMIs (human/machine interfaces, visualization, central control/operating unit)
- safety controls (safety PLCs, force-actuated controls, admission/access control)
Here we use components of Siemens, Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Automation, Beckhoff Automation, Panasonic, Sick or Pilz, for instance. Nevertheless, we will also be able to realize architectures with other manufacturers' components.
Aside from control technology, the integration of drives represents one of the core issues in the realization and implementation of innovative automation concepts. This offers the biggest potential for cycle time and cost optimization, for which reason we have got a large range of drive solutions in store:
- electrical drive technology (servo and linear motor as well as stepping motor, asynchronous motor, or DC motor, if required)
- robotics (pick and place, conveyor tracking, palletizing, sensor and actuator integration plus master controller connection)
The selected drive will be coupled with the master controller in such a manner that a large variety of motion profiles and diagnostic functions may be retrieved. This feature offers the operator facilitated machine setup and operations as well as precise and reliable monitoring processes on higher control levels plus, as an additional advantage, the option of remote maintenance access.