talos – novel + easy-to-use device handling system
Applications in the semiconductor industry demand high-precision, innovative state-of-the-art technology [e.g. automated optical inspection (AOI), tri-temp testing, IC testing, sensor testing etc.] as well as reliable, predictable, and sustainable performance properties within clean and controlled test floor environments for premium quality control and assurance.
As a full-service systems integrator, esmo semicon offers a full suite of test equipment solutions, including automatic test equipment (ATE) as well as automated handling solutions, for the international semiconductor test industry.
We design, manufacture, and service novel device handling solutions, from basic sub-systems to comprehensive, turn-key automation systems, and entire platforms, as stand-alone components or as part of an integrated system.
esmo semicon testing/handling solutions are customized in order to satisfy OEM and/or the end user's specific requirements, depending on their respective lab/test environments.
system key features
- reliable and easy-to-use device handling system
- -60 °C to +175 °C (-76 °F to +347 °F) device testing temperature with active thermal control system (ATC) for cold/hot tests → tri-temp testing
- multiple test cycles at different test temperatures without user interaction
- in combination with esmo phoenix cart, lowest test cell footprint in the market
- modular system configurations as per your individual requirements
- easily moveable, even by one person
- standard docking interface for all testers
- remote control via Ethernet
- high MTBF values, low maintenance efforts
handling key features
- highly accurate and reliable 4+1-axis portal pick-and-place robot system
- manual tray or tube loading and unloading options
- free pin1 orientation
- high contact force of 450 N – higher contact force available on request
- 15.6" widescreen HMI with multi-touch capability
- integrated camera system for pick-and-place position teaching
- FIFO or bin sort mode with free tray/tube assignment
- RS232 or optional GPIB tester interfaces
dual- or quad-site thermal plunger for contacting multiple test sites in parallel
for identifying barcodes or 2D barcodes on ICs and assigning them to their corresponding test results
air dryer unit
for cold test operations to prevent chiller/heat exchanger icing as well as for chamber purge (in case no dry-air supply will be provided)
closed-loop ionization for input/output area to protect sensitive parts from damage due to electro-static discharge
vacuum is required for component pick+place (in case no external vacuum supply will be provided)
external signal/status light
in addition to the standard, internal multi-color status LED illumination